WHY YOUR ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO BE A MEMBER OF THE PH-ISAO OR C&T-ISAO
Do you know the critical technology and security risks that could disrupt your organization? Have you included information technology in your business continuity and emergency preparedness plans? Have you completed a Security Risk Assessment? Do you know if your organization is protected from cybersecurity threats, risks and a costly data breach? Do you know if your IT organization and outsourced IT vendors are performing continuous cyber threat monitoring? When your organization experiences a cyber attack, will it be ready? Do you know how resilient your organization would be after a cyber attack? Would you have liability protection when you need to report a breach to the federal government?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, joining the PH-ISAO or the C&T-ISAO would help your organization change those answers to “yes.”
The PH-ISAO and C&T-ISAO are non-profit, top-tier cyber intelligence community that help city governments, healthcare facilities, transportation agencies, and smart city programs:
- meet regulatory requirements
- reduce cyber risk
- succeed in grant and applied research programs
- identify cyber threats in their emerging and evolving technology-driven environments
Under Presidential Executive Order 13691, ISAOs are to help organizations meet security requirements by providing cyber- and security-related resources and training. Plus, it’s a smart business decision for organizations to participate in an ISAO because the Cybersecurity Act of 2015 (CSA) gives ISAO member organizations liability protections.
WHAT ISAOs DO
Under Presidential Executive Order 13691, ISAOs are to:
- Voluntarily disseminate critical cyber and related information
- Communicate critical cyber and related information to help prevent, detect, mitigate or recover from the effects of a cyber systems’ interference, compromise, or incapacitation
- Analyze cyber-related information to ensure critical digital systems’ availability, integrity, and reliability
The PH-ISAO and C&T-ISAO work closely with IACI, also at the Kennedy Space Center, which allows these ISAOs to leverage exceptional cyber-related human and technological resources for its members. The leadership of these ISAOs work in an advisory role to several federal agencies as well as the White House Office of American Innovation; the leadership is on the pulse on national cybersecurity policies and expectations.
S.R. 405 Building M6-306
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899